PRICE: $55.00 per person
AVAILABILITY: THE WHOLE YEAR
DURATION: 2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT
For many people this home-stay experience and the encounter with the host family is a revelation of the reality of Andean people at such altitude. This cultural exchange experience in Amantani is very touching and fascinating. Also, in this tour, every traveller is welcome to share with the locals their time, some artistic gift, educational activities or just conversations.
We will pick you up at your hostel at 07:45 a.m, departing then to the famous floating islands of Uros. On the way to Amantani arriving there at midday where we will introduce your host family who will take you to their house and have lunch sharing experiences so you will be able to practise your Spanish skills and share life experiences. Afterwards, you will meet your guide at the Main Square to start the hike to the top of the Patachatata mountain in order to be for the sunset then, we will come back to have dinner and spend the night at the local house.
After breakfast, we will depart from Amantani to Taquile to explore this non-touristic sector of the island.
The lunch time will take us to the north part of this island, after words of 1 hour and 15 minutes of hike to main dock to return to Puno from main dock. Departure from main dock at 05:00 p.m: Arrival in Puno.
- Pick-up from/to the hotels
- English-Spanish speaking guide for 2 days
- Entrance fees to Uros, Amantani and Taquile islands.
- Boat transportation (3-hour navigation).
- Lunch and dinner on the first day and breakfast on the second day.
- Home stayed with local families at the islands, the local family will provide you also with three or more clean blankets. However, we suggest using your sleeping bag if you have one with you. Basic toilets.
- First breakfast.
- Lunch on the second day.
We recommend that you take
- Small day backpack.
- Poncho rain.
- Sun cream.
- Sun glasses.
- Toilet paper.
- Extra soles in cash for souvenirs, extra meals or snacks.