Day 1: Cusco – Challacancha – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa
- HIKING DISTANCE: 12 km / 7 ml
- HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 4200 m / 13700 ft
- TREK DURATION: 6 - 7 hours
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- OVERNIGHT: At the campsite in the tents
- CAMPING FACILITIES: Baños, small shop, riding horse for renting
On this trek to Hmantay lake you get early start at your hotel in cusco. we pick you up at 4:30 am to transfer you to mollepata town where you have the chance to enjoy a delicious andean breakfast and also you have time to get round in mollepata. After an hour aprox in Mollepata. you continue in the same car to the Trail head. 45 minutes more to Challacancha the trailhead.
We start our trek with 30 minutes uphill hike to the Canal Inca, a switchback trail takes you to the spot to apreciate the magnificent umantay mountain. after a short brake we continue hiking 3 more hours in the flat trail which goes along the beautiful water aqueduct that takes liquid to mollepata town for irrigations. Once at the camp we have lunch then sienta. In the afternoon you climb to the humantay lake which located at the base of Humantay mountain after 1 hour hike you get to the beautiful lake. Time to enjoy and relaxing then you hike back to the campsite to enjoy tea and dinner and sleep in our exclusive campsite.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Challacancha – Cusco
- HIKING DISTANCE: 5 km / 3.2 ml
- TREK DURATION: 2 - 3 hours
- MEALS: Breakfast.
- CAR RIDE: Back to Cusco
Today in order to get back to Cusco. we're going wake up with coca tea at 5:00 to enjoy a dilicious breakfast after we get ready for the Trek back to Challacancha, it is going about 2.5 hour hiking by same Trail that you hiked a day before to take the car back to cusco. Once in challacancha you will meet with our car drivers who will drive you back to cusco and you will back in cusco around 2:00 pm
- Transportations from Cusco to the trail head
- Professional tour guide
- One night camp in Soraypampa
- Transportation from Challacancha back to Cusco