AVAILABILITY: THE WHOLE YEAR
DURATION: 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
- Day 01: Jungle Hike – Monkey Island – Night Caiman Search
- Day 02: Lake Sandoval
- Day 03: Adventure
Day 01: Jungle Hike – Monkey Island – Night Caiman Search
Arrival in Puerto Maldonado, then transfer to the village in where we will get to our boat and begin the unforgettable journey through the Madre de Dios River.
On the way, you could observe the caimans, turtles, herons and other animals. Accommodation at the lodge. We’ll have a walk in the jungle for about 1-2 hours and we’ll start observe the plants and hopefully, some animals. After the walk, return to the lodge for lunch.
In the afternoon, we’ll take the boat to reach the Monkey Island where we’ll wander for a couple of hours, looking for some of the 6 species of monkeys which live there.
After dinner, we’ll be looking for some caimans with the boat. With some luck, we might even get to catch one for a little while!
Day 02: Lake Sandoval
Today, we’ll do a long trip to the Lake Sandoval. After about 1 hour by boat, we’ll start a walk in the jungle looking for animals and plants. We might see monkeys, toucans, parrots, sloth… and a huge variety of butterflies, insects and birds! We’ll finally reach the lake where we’ll get a little boat and start the tour. Immerged in the majestic beauty of Lake Sandoval, we’ll discover the life surrounding these waters. The Lake is a protected area where biologists try to recuperate the giant otters. Nowadays, 11 otters are living around the lake and hopefully there will be more and more in the future. We’ll spend some hours in the boat, exploring the lake and discovering exotic species of monkeys, animals and birds. We’ll surely observe cormorants and the hoatzin, a prehistoric and very beautiful bird.
After lake tour, we’ll walk back to the river to get our boat back to the lodge.
Dinner and accommodation in the lodge.
*Optional: night walk in the jungle (if you’re not too tired and if the weather is good)!
Day 03: Adventure
After breakfast, we’ll go in the jungle to do some bird-watching. We’ll cross a bridge suspended among the trees (canopy) and observe the magnificence of the jungle around us.
We’ll also do some zip line and kayak in the river.
Return to the lodge and then to Puerto Maldonado. Transfer to the airport or the bus station.
*If you’re doing the 4-day tour, we’ll go fishing after lunch and we could do a night walk in the Jungle. Return to Puerto Maldonado and transfer out after the breakfast on day 4.
- Transfer to from/ the airport/ lodge / the airport
- Fluvial transportation
- All meals (starting from lunch on day 1 to the breakfast on the last day)
- Accommodation for 2 or 3 nights in the lodge
- Excursions with professional and specialized guides
- Rubber boots (we will need your shoe size, please provide that information at the booking time)
- All mentioned activities.
- Flight or bus tickets to and from Puerto Maldonado (you can book it through us)
- Extra meals, snacks and cold or alcoholic drinks
- Tambopata entrance fees (about 12 USD per person).
We recommend that you take
- Light clothes
- Long sleeve T-shirts and long trousers
- Rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Insect repellent 20 % DEET- no malaria risk has been reported
- Sun block
- Bathing suit
- Hiking shoes
- Flashlight or head lamp and batteries
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- Personal First-Aid Kit