This is an alternative route to get in through the Lares trek visiting other local communities on the way.
510 USD for adults.
490 USD for a student (card holder).
DURATION: 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
AVAILABILITY: ALL YEAR
WAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN 20 USD.
MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN 20 USD.
If you would like to book your ticket to climb the Wayna Picchu Mountain, you might be on the second group; otherwise you will miss the 2-hour tour in Machu Picchu.
- Day 01: Cusco to the Village Of Lares And Quishuarani.
- Day 02: Quishuarani to Cancha Cancha (Trekking Time: Approximately 08 Hours)
- Day 03: Cancha Cancha to the Sacred Valley, Huaran, Ollantaytambo Valley and Aguas Calientes.
- Day 04: Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
Day 01: Cusco To The Village Of Lares And Quishuarani.
We’ll begin the tour by leaving the hotel at 04:00 a.m ( to be confirmed at briefing time) heading towards the province of Calca (region of Cusco) and then, we will continue our trip towards the village of Lares, the trip will take approx 3 hours and a half. We’ll begin our trek, lunch at midday and then we will continue with the trek to the Andean community of Quishuarani where we will camp for the night.
Day 02: Quishuarani To Cancha Cancha (Trekking Time: Approximately 08 Hours)
We’ll begin our trek at 07:30 a.m; on this walk, it will be possible to see the beautiful Andeans and share experiences with the proper locals (experimental tourism) in the evening, we will arrive at the town of Cancha Cancha where we will spend our second camping night.
Day 03: Cancha Cancha To The Sacred Valley, Huaran, Ollantaytambo Valley and Aguas Calientes.
Trekking time: approximately 06 hours.
We will begin our day with a short visit to the town of Cancha Cancha at 06.00 a.m, then we will have breakfast and we will trek for 5 hours in which time we could appreciate the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas and some other beautiful natural scenery, also we might see varieties of plants and orchids, until we reach the town of Huaran where we will have lunch and then later continue till we reach the Ollantaytambo valley, from here we will board the train which will take us to “Aguas Calientes” where we will spend the night at our hostel.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes To Machupicchu.
On this day, we are going to visit the great ruins of Machu Picchu. To get there at sunrise time, we’re gonna start to ascend at 04:00 a.m for approx 1 and ½ hour until we reach Machu Picchu where you will have a guided tour of the ruins for 2 hours and free time afterwards to climb Huayna Picchu if you have the ticket. You need to return to “Aguas Calientes” at least 30 minutes prior to your train departure at 09:50 p.m.
Once you arrive to Ollantaytambo our staff will be waiting for you and drive you back to Cusco.
- Transport from Cusco to the Lares Valley.
- English-Speaking Professional Guide.
- Mules to carry camping equipment and food.
- Chef and cooking equipment.
- Excellent food (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners) daily tea service except on last day). Vegetarian menu is available at no extra cost.
- Camping equipment (tents, mattresses, dining tent, tables, stools).
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Transport from Lares to Ollantaytambo
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Machu Picchu entrance tickets
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- First breakfast.
- Last lunch and dinner in “Aguas Calientes” town.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent it from us for $15).
- Tips: please beware that our agency staff are paid well and that tipping is completely optional.
- Optional ticket to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain. $20.
- Entrance fee for thermal baths (Lares 10 soles and “Aguas Calientes” 20 soles).
You Should Bring
- A small backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available).
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal wear is also recommended, especially for sleeping. A down jacket is especially recommended for this trek
since it runs at high altitude and temperatures may easily drop below freezing in the evening and at night.
- Torch and batteries.
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Sun cream
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please beware that we provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete
- Water sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route. Otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to
drink and has not reported any health problem so far.
- Small towel.
- Swimsuit (if you intend to take a dip at the hot springs along the route)
- Cash in soles and/or USD.
- Optional: walking sticks.
- Original Passport.
- Original University Student Card (in case you have applied for a student discount).