If you are short of time or simply do not want to trek to Machu Picchu, this 2-day trip by train is a package a good option for you, Including return transport, hostel in “Aguas Calientes”, entrance fee and guided tour of Machu Picchu.
300 USD for adults.
280 USD for students ( ISIC card holder).
DURATION: 2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT
AVAILABILITY: THE WHOLE YEAR.
WAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN 15 USD.
MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN 10 USD.
10 USD Early at 06:20 p.m (10:45p.m in Cusco) return train.
25 USD Bus from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu and “Aguas Calientes”.
If you would like to book your ticket to climb the Wayna Picchu mountain, you might be on the second group, otherwise you will miss the 2-hour tour in Machu Picchu.
You will be picked up from your hostel at 10:00 am and driven to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley where you will have time to explore the traditional Inca town before catching your train to AguasCalientes at 12.58pm. The train trip is just under two hours and when you arrive there will be someone from the "Intiquilla" hostel to pick you up and conduce where you will spend the night. Your tour guide from the "Peter Group"will meet you up at your hostel to brief you about the trip to MachuPicchu for the following day.
We recommend to walk around Ollantaytambo to visit the ancient town and enjoythespectacularviews. You can get in one of the "Picanterias" and try the delicious "picante" that is a mix of beans and fresh corn with a big glass or "Caporal" of Chicha (ferment corn with a lil bit of alcohol on it)
Starting your ascent to MachuPicchu to arrive in time for sunrise (2 hours aprox,) ,the bus is optional, US$ 10 each way; first bus departs at 5:30am).
If you have purchased a pass for HuaynaPicchu in advance you will have the opportunity to climb the mountain (climbing time will be determined in advance depending on availability).
There will be a two hours guided tour of MachuPicchu following which you will have the rest of the afternoon to explore MachuPicchu. You need to return to Aguas Calientes at least 30 minutes prior to your train departure at 9:30pm.There will be a transport called "Mara tours" waiting for you in Ollantaytambo with your name on a list ( check the sticker on your tickets envelop) to bring you back to Cusco, dropping you up at Regocijo square.
If you prefer to return in the 6:45pm train (arriving to Cusco 10:45pm) it is an additional US$10.
**Optional bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to MP costs: 10$ each way and both 20$ let us know in advance or you can buy it there.
- Shared transportation from your hostel to Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Train tickets (expedition service) from Ollanta to “Aguas Calientes” and Ollanta
- Hostel in “Aguas Calientes” with private bathrooms, hot water and luggage storage for while you are visiting MP.
- 2 meetings: before your departure for the tour and with Machu Picchu guide the night before you will visit it.
- Basic Continental Breakfast at the hostel in “Aguas Calientes”.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- 2-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu in English.
- Other meals like Lunch or dinner in “Aguas Calientes”.
- Optional bus from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu ($12,5 each way).
We recommend that you take
- Tennis shoes or trainers
- Long trousers, sweater and a rain jacket just in case
- Long-sleeved T-Shirt, lightweight clothes for sunny days in Machu Picchu (the sand flies will eat you alive otherwise)
- Camera with charger (can be recharged in the hostel).
- Sun block and sun glasses.
- Personal first aid kit / medications.
- Water bottle.
- Light backpack.
- Flashlight if you plan to walk up to Machu Picchu early to get a pass for Huayna Picchu.
- Original passport.
- Student ISIC card (if applicable –without this card you wont get the student discount from Machu Picchu)