If you are short of time or simply do not want to trek to Machu Picchu, this 2-day trip by train is a package, a good option for you, Including return transport, hostel in “Aguas Calientes”, entrance fee and guided tour of Machu Picchu.
PRICE : 2 days
260 USD for adults.
240 USD with a student ISIC card as holder.
DURATION: 2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT
AVAILABILITY: THE WHOLE YEAR.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: WAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN 15 USD.
MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN 10 USD.
10 USD Early at 18:20 p.m (22:30 p.m Cusco) return train.
25 USD Bus from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu and “Aguas Calientes”.
**Optional bus ticket from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu costs: 12,50 USD each way and both $25, please let us know in advance or you can buy it there.
**In addition to the tour price, you must purchase a tourist ticket. A full tourist ticket costs S/.130 or S/.70 for students with a valid ISIC card. The full tourist ticket is valid for 10 days and allows entrance to the majority of the Inca sites around Cusco and the Sacred Valley.
This is a better option if you plan on also combining the city tour, or visiting any of the archeological sites outside of the Sacred Valley in Cusco.
An alternative option is to buy a partial tourist ticket which is S/.70 or S/.40 for students with a valid ISIC card.
This is valid for 1 day and will allow entrance to all of the sites on the Sacred Valley Tour.
** If you would like to book your ticket to climb the Wayna Picchu mountain, you might be on the second group, otherwise you will miss the 2-hour tour in Machu Picchu.
- Touristy bus on the Sacred Valley tour and shared transport on the way back to Cusco.
- Train tickets (expedition service) from Ollanta to “Aguas Calientes” and Ollanta
- Hostel in “Aguas Calientes” with private bathrooms, hot water and luggage storage for while you are visiting Machu Picchu.
- 2 meetings: before your departure for the tour and with Machu Picchu guide the night before you will visit it.
- Basic Continental Breakfast at the hostel in “Aguas Calientes”.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- 2-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu in English.
- Other meals like Lunch or dinner in “Aguas Calientes” or lunch at the Sacred Valley (24 soles).
- Optional bus from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu (12.50 USD each way).
- Tourist ticket (130 soles the 10-day ticket and 70 soles for just 1 day).
We recommend that you take
- Tennis shoes or trainers
- Long trousers, sweater and a rain jacket just in case
- Long-sleeved T-Shirt, lightweight clothes for sunny days in Machu Picchu (the sand flies will eat you alive otherwise)
- Insect Repellent
- Camera with charger (can be recharged in the hostel).
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Personal first aid kit / medications.
- Water bottle.
- Light backpack.
- Flashlight if you plan to walk up to Machu Picchu early to get a pass for Wayna Picchu.
- Original passport.
- Student ISIC card (if applicable –without this card you won’t get the student discount from Machu