FROM 09:00 A.M TO 02:00 OR 03:00 P.M.
AVAILABILITY: THE WHOLE YEAR.
PRICE: US$ 17.00
We will pick you up from your hostel at 08:20 hrs.
40 kilometers from Cusco, in the Cusco Region of Peru, it is the town of Maras, found in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Tourist sites in the area include the colonial church and local salt mines, the scenery of which is interesting to observe and photograph.
Since pre-Inca times, salt has been obtained in Maras by evaporating salty water (provided by a nearby subterranean stream) in the sun, leaving the salt behind.
Moray, seeing this Inca green-house is spectacular!! This tour will take you to the magnificent series of terrace circles set into the ground that were once used by the Incas for experimentation with crops.
You will also visit the nearby salt mines and enjoy the tranquille farms and atmosphere of the area. In the mines, there are thousands of salt-pools; when light reflects there, the effect is said to be quite stunning. You will be back at 02:30 in the afternoon
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus)
- English-speaking Tour Guide
- Entrance fee to the salt mines 10 soles.
- Entrance fee to Moray 70 soles (touristic ticket).
- Water & Snacks.
We recommend that you take
- Warm and waterproof jacket (depending on the season ).
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Rain poncho (depending on the season)
- Camera and films.