310 USD for adults
290 USD for students with ISIC card.
DURATION: 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
- Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass - Chawllay
- Day 2: Chaullay - La Playa – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
- Day 3: Machu Picchu – Cusco
DAY 1: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS - CHAWLLAY
HIKING DISTANCE: 22 km / 14 ml
HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 4630 m / 15226 ft
TREK DURATION: 8 - 9 hours
MEALS: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
OVERNIGHT: At the campsite in the tents
CAMPING FACILITIES: Baños, small shop, riding horse for renting
Early start in you hotel in cusco. We pick you at 2:30 in the morning to tranfer you to Soraypampa. It is going be about 3 hour by car to Soraypampa which is the place where you start the hike. Once in soraypampa we provide you breakfast then we get ready for the 22 kilometes hike. Around 6:30 in the morning we start hiking to the highest point of the whole salkantay trail. After 4 hours hike you reach to the top to celebrate and enjoy a beautifull views of the salkantay mountain once at the top you have the chance to make a offering for the APUS (andean gods).
From 4630 m / 15225 ml. We start hiking downhill to get 2900 m / 9510 ml in todo 15 km downhill hiking. we are going to do in two sections. The first section will be from the top to the lunch point which takes 2 hours approximately and then after lunch 3 hours more to the second camp call chawllay. on the way you are going apreciate diferent type of landscapes such glaciar mountains, lagoons, roccky mountains, grassy hill, by the time that you will be close to the camp you are going be in the jungle area. Once at the camp time to relaxing if you like you can enjoy cold beers while the cooks make the te time and the delicious dinner.
DAY 2: CHAULLAY - LA PLAYA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
HIKING DISTANCE: 25 km / 15 ml
HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 2900 m / 9000 ft
TREK DURATION: 8 – 9 hours
MEALS: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
OVERNIGHT: At the hotel in Aguas Calientes
This day is call “Nature day”. You hike through the jungle are of Santa Teresa. The valley is formed by the salkantay river that discures from the white mountain. In this valley you have the opportunity to see waterfalls, rivers, plantations like coca, coffee, avocado, passion fruit, bananas and much more is a tropical valley and the climate is quite warm. After a delicious breakfast we start the trek to the town of sahuayco, after 5 hours of crossing through the dense vegetation we arrived at the lunch point and then we drive to Hidroelectrica for about 1.5 hours in order walking 3 hours more to aguas calientes town on the flat trail. Then we take you to the hotel for showering and relaxing, in the evening around 7:00 pm we organised a dinner in a restaurant in Aguas Calientes after dinner we go to sleep to climb Machupicchu early on the next day.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
HIKING DISTANCE: 4 km / 2 ml
HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 2450 m / 7360 ft
TOUR DURATION: 7 – 8 hours
MEALS: Breakfast and lunch
BACK TO CUSCO: By train
The day most awaited by all. Day of visiting machu picchu. You can decide between walking and taking the bus towards Machupicchu. If you decide to walk start the hike at 4:15 am towards Puente Inca for 20 minutes aproximatly flat then start to climb the stairs for about an hour until the main entrance of machupicchu
If you decide to go by bus you have to buy a bus ticket for machupicchu and then take the bus for about 25 minutes approximately to machupicchu.
Any option you take the idea is to arrive at 6:00 a.m to Machupicchu in order to see it almost without people and enjoy the sunrise. After 20 to 30 minutes you will have a guided tour service for about 2:30 hours in Machupicchu then we will leave you free to explore the lost city of the Incas. Then if you wish you can go to the sun gate or to the Inca bridge. If you booked in advance the tickets for Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountains you can climb. after you done all the activityes we return to Aguas Calientes town by bus or walking to have a delicious lunch. In the afternoon You will take a train back to Cusco to take you by car to your hotel.
- Pre-departure Salkantay trek briefing, presented by your tour guides
- Duffle bag to get ready 7 kilos of your personal belonging be carry by horses
- Weight Allowance: 7 Kilograms per trekker (weights to be carried by horses)
- Transportation to head of Salkantay trail.
- English/Spanish speaker professional guide
- New --- an andean inca hut with a tent inside for each 2 passengers
- Personal pad (double foam - 2.5 inches thick)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horses (to carry the tents and cooking equipment)
- Trasnport from la playa to Santa Teresa
- Hotel Night in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Expedition train ticket aguas calientes/ollantaytambo
- Transfer Ollantaytambo train station to downtown Cusco
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Vegetarian food available on request with no extra charge.
- Irst Aid equipment and Oxygen bottle for emergenciesPersonal Travel Advisor assigned for you to customize the rest of your Peru Trip
- Sleeping Bags
- Entrance to Mollepara S/ 10.00 per person
- Walking Sticks
- First day breakfast
- Last Day lunch
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel insurance.
- Extra expenses, Tips and gratitudes
What yo have to pack?
- A backpack
- A beanie hat or ear warmer
- Sun hat
- A mid weight sweater
- A longsleeve t-shirt
- 1 – 2 t-shirts
- A lightweight suater or vest
- A pair of long pants
- Hiking shoes
- An extra pair of shoe
- 2 – 3 pairs wool socks
- A jacket
- A small towel
- Rain gear
- 1 – 2 pair shorts
- A small headlamp
- A toothbrust and other personal toiletries
- Toilet paiper
- Sun cream
- Insect repelent